  1. jeff

    jeff Guest

    which would be a better option , speed wise.

    jeff, Oct 23, 2005

  2. jeff

    why? Guest

    Say DDR is version 1 , and DDR2 is go faster version 2.

    The better option would be those that match your existing memory, the
    type that your motherboard can use.

    Avoiding the G word, try
    http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/dram_memory.asp
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/DDR_SDRAM.html
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/DDR2_SDRAM.html

    Me

    why?, Oct 23, 2005

  3. jeff

    jeff Guest

    im getting the intel retail employee deal. 820d + mobo + xppro for
    $215.

    the board only accepts DDR2, haven't checked if its possible for Dual
    Channel.

    I don't need to know the differnece between DDR and DDR2, im wondering
    about Dual Channel, and if its available for DDR2.

    thank you

    jeff, Oct 23, 2005
  4. jeff

    why? Guest

    Well you would know the mobo type and chipset,you didn't mention it,
    it's important. There is more chance it's dual channel if you have to
    install RAM in matched pairs.
    Not knowing the mobo / chipset doesn't help as there is DDR2 Dual
    Channel , a lot of it in fact. Various types listed
    http://www.directron.com/dual2kit.html

    The dual channel feature is built into a lot of motherboards.

    Also try
    http://www.crucial.com/
    http://www.kingston.com/

    They have memory selector guides and Crucial has a utility that may be
    able to scan the system and tell you what's available.
    Ah , that wasn't clear.
    Me

    why?, Oct 23, 2005