DCOM got error attempting to start netman

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Aug 17, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am running a generic tower with an AMD Athlon 2700+ computer, onboard LAN
    with Windows XP through an ACTIONTEC gateway from Quest connecting wireless
    to a Compaq Presario. I can use the internet on the laptop but not the LAN so
    I cannot use the printer attached to the desktop. I can see the laptop from
    the desktop but not visa-versa.
    The following is the errors I am getting in the event log

    Message from event log:

    Type: Error
    User:FRANK\Frank Lewis
    Computer: FRANK
    Source:DCOM
    Category: None
    Event ID: 10005

    DCOM got error "This service cannot be started, either because it is
    disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it." attempting
    to start netman with arguments "" in order to run the server:
    {BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

    Any help would be appriciated.

    Guest, Aug 17, 2007

  2. Hi ,

    Start>Run and type "services.msc" (without the quotes). Look and see if DCOM
    Server Process Launcher is enabled. You can right-click on that and select
    "Properties" to change the startup of that service.

    --
    HTH,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center