    It is delaying boot for almost two minutes in my machine.
    Couldn't find anything in MS KB.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 23, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    And I also have a COM+ event id 781 in event viewer (application).
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 23, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Here's what I did to solve the DCOM event.

    Launch computer services from adminstrator tools.
    Right click and go to properties of My Computer.
    Go to COM Security tab under launch and activation click Edit Default.
    Click add and for object name use Local Service and click OK.
    Now select allow for all and OK.

    Now you should be good to go no DCOM event error.

    Hope this helped.

    Guest, Jul 23, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Steve:
    The COM+ entry went away with your "medicine".
    The DCOM one (event viewer, system), event id 10026 is still there.
    Any further ideas?
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 23, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Carlos:

    I have to ask are you sure your not looking at a previous DCOM error, did
    you clear the log and restart system, this works for me every time I do a
    clean install of XP this is the first thing I do.

    Guest, Jul 23, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Steve:
    DCOM event is not a previous one.
    It is the current one.
    BTW, the COM+ one showed up 4 minutes after boot finish.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 23, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Steve:
    These are the exact contents of the event viewer.
    "Event Type: Information
    Event Source: DCOM
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 10026

    The COM sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for a duration
    of 86400 seconds. The suppression timeout can be controlled by a REG_DWORD
    value named SuppressDuplicateDuration under the following registry key:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Ole\EventLog"

    I would hate having to reinstall everything on account of this boot delay
    issue, but there is nothing on the web that can help me so far.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 23, 2006
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Carlos:

    Did this problem just come up or have you had it from the first time you
    installed x64. I always have it right from the start so I don't know if
    reinstalling will fix this. How did you determine that it is causing the
    slow start? I guess I am lucky mine stays away with what I suggested. I'll
    keep thinking.

    Guest, Jul 24, 2006
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Steve:
    This problem came up a few months ago, but not from a fresh install.
    It doesn't show as a red mark in event viewer but as a "regular" event.
    I find it to be the cause of my slow boot because it is the only difference
    I notice (in event viewer) with another pc that boots quickly.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 24, 2006