DCOM Error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by aretired, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. aretired

    aretired Guest

    After solving the error for my window time now i have another error
    that
    has started to appears.
    I have set to manual all disabled services and i still get this
    error.
    Does anyone could tell me with which service this dcom is related
    and which one should be automatic.
    The problem started a week ago when winxp pro crash and i had to use
    my xp cd recovery. And, coming back to
    original configuration. Before my system was fast booting now it
    take more than 3 min to boot up.
    I had done lots of tweaking in the past 2 years, most of them i dont
    remember.
    p4 1.7, 640 ram, xp pro.
    Any help would again be much appreciated.
    Thank you

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: DCOM
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 10005
    Date: 4/26/2004
    Time: 1:38:57 PM
    User: WORKGROU-20B7XU\
    DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is
    disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. "
    attempting to start the service BITS with arguments "" in order to
    run the server:
    {69AD4AEE-51BE-439B-A92C-86AE490E8B30}

    aretired, Apr 26, 2004

  2. aretired

    aretired Guest

    Just read something about that error.
    I had service patch 1 installed before the crash. I have re
    installled all the windows updates but i have not re installed the
    service patch.
    By doing recovery DID the service patch disappeared and should i re
    install it.
    Tks

    aretired, Apr 26, 2004

  3. aretired

    Lazarus Guest

    dcom error is a modem fault.....update your modem driver!

    Lazarus, Apr 26, 2004
  4. aretired

    °Mike° Guest

    services to back to default.

    °Mike°, Apr 27, 2004
  5. aretired

    °Mike° Guest

    Nonsense.

    °Mike°, Apr 27, 2004
  6. aretired

    aretired Guest

    Thanks again Mike,
    will reset all to default and let you know.
    I have a cable modem with high speed connection.
    Never had any connection problem
    Regards

    aretired, Apr 27, 2004