    DCE/DTE cross-connect cable) which do I setup first DCE or DTE and which
    gets the clock rate set to 56000? Any other help appreciate it. Studying
    to learn routers.

    Lowell, Jul 20, 2003

  2. DCE gets the clock rate set. Note that some router models don't have
    internal
    clocks and cannot do this. You also must have booted the router with the
    DCE
    cable attached for the router to allow the clock rate to be set.

    Note that you can also put 2 DSU's back to back if you have 2 routers that
    can't
    clock the DCE

    Ted

    Ted Mittelstaedt, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Lowell

    Yokoi Guest

    You have to set the clock for DCE router only. The DTE router receives
    this clock. According to the type of cable attached to the router,
    this knows, it is DTE cable or DCE cable.
    Please check this matter.

    I hope you can set up your routers back to back.

    Ricardo Garcia Z.

    Yokoi, Jul 20, 2003
  4. Lowell

    Lowell Guest

    Thanks to both that replied. Appreciate your help and advice.

    Lowell, Jul 21, 2003
  5. Lowell

    Fiber Optic Guest

    Fiber Optic, Jul 22, 2003