Dave Groth - A+ Complete Study Guide - 3rd Edition

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by altmantc, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. altmantc

    altmantc Guest

    I tried to e-mail this to dgroth but I couldn't get his
    e-mail address to work. It said that the user
    didn't exist.

    I think I found a small error in Chapter 1 on page 44 in the section
    titled "XGA". It says "XGA could support 256 colors at 1,024 x 768
    pixels or 65, 536 colors at 640 x 480 pixels." and I think it should
    say "800 x 600" instead of "640 x 480". The table on the next page
    does say "800 x 600". I just thought I'd let you know so you could fix
    it in the next edition.

    I wish I would've noticed there was a deluxe edition when I bought it.
    I heard there is extra practice stuff on the disc that comes with it
    but other than that I'm not missing anything. Is that true? The
    bookstore said I could return it in exchange for the other one but I'm
    not sure if it's worth the hassle of sending it back. What do you
    think?

    altmantc, Sep 12, 2006

  2. More than likely he's changed email providers. It happens.
    Sybex has a link on the errata page on their website for this particular
    book for something called an "errata form" where you can submit items
    for inclusion on the errata list.

    http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/SybexTitle/productCd-0782142435,navId-290615,pageCd-errata.html

    That's the errata list. Up near the top is the link for the errata form.

    John

    John P. Dearing, Sep 13, 2006