Date transfer speed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Colin Williams, Nov 6, 2004.

  1. I need to compare the date transfer speed of my laptop and my other home PC.
    Both are on XP Home. Can you please tell me how to call up this information
    ?

    Many Thanks in advance

    Colin Williams

    Colin Williams, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Colin Williams

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 16:58:40 GMT, Colin Williams wrote:

    Data transfer speed?

    Try Right click on the task bar, select Task Manager, then the
    Networking tab. (Assuming XP Pro is like XP Home for that)
    Do you mean from the laptop to the other home PC?

    What's your issue? A lot depends on file size and method used.

    What speed / duplex / how are they connected?

    www.Google.com for pcattcp. That will attempt to do a single shot max
    speed possible test. Change the settings for larger data sample and/or
    continous mode.

    Me

    why?, Nov 6, 2004