    this is done.

    I've had the camera for a couple of weeks and love it!

    TIA

    Dave, May 16, 2004

  2. Dave

    Ken Oaf Guest

    The date is in the EXIF data. I don't think the camera can put it on the photo,
    though.

    Ken Oaf, May 16, 2004

  3. The best way is to use Fuji FinePix Viewer, which is an excellent program
    downloadable from Fuji site. It came originally with my FinePix 2600 but I
    use it with any other camera (three different brands). It works with any
    camera.

    This program automatically renames pictures in several formats. I use
    YYMMDDXXXX.jpg. In this case you can dump all pictures into one directory
    and they sort by its date (name). There is no chance to accidentally
    override pictures. Date does not have to be printed on the picture because
    its name tell when it was taken.

    Jan

    Jan Nademlejnsky, May 16, 2004
  4. Dave

    Cool Hand Guest

    =>The best way is to use Fuji FinePix Viewer, which is an excellent program
    =>downloadable from Fuji site. It came originally with my FinePix 2600 but I
    =>use it with any other camera (three different brands). It works with any
    =>camera.
    =>
    =>This program automatically renames pictures in several formats. I use
    =>YYMMDDXXXX.jpg. In this case you can dump all pictures into one directory
    =>and they sort by its date (name). There is no chance to accidentally
    =>override pictures. Date does not have to be printed on the picture because
    =>its name tell when it was taken.
    =>
    =>Jan

    I love this feature of Fuji FinePix too.
    If you forget what were you doing around that time and you have pictures, just
    view through it and you will remember what you did.

    Unfortunately, it does not do video, so I have to manually edit video file
    names.

    Also it uses Mjpeg video format. I doubt few to none DVD players play Mjpeg.
    Have to convert them to MPEG2 one by one.

    Now I have file names display in date/time format on the TV. So I know what
    date/time the video shoot, before I play it.

    Cool Hand, May 16, 2004
  5. Dave

    Pete Guest

    Though I do not have a Fuji I believe that you might find
    it in the set up menu. I assume that it supports Date Time
    stamping for filing purposes.

    Pete, Jul 24, 2004
  6. I don't own a Fuji, but many digital cameras do not support printing the date
    or date/time in the picture itself. However most/all cameras will record the
    date and time the picture was taken in the EXIF header, and presumably there is
    software out there that puts the conversion in. My home grown software puts
    the information in the web pages when I'm building my albums.

    Michael Meissner, Jul 24, 2004
  7. Dave

    Justin Thyme Guest

    Your pretty much spot on here. For some reason a lot of current cameras
    don't do the traditional date stamp on the photo. I like that, because I can
    look up the exif info for date and time without it messing up the corner of
    my print. For people that do like the date stamp in the corner, the Fuji
    S7000 can do it with either the included software or if the card is taken to
    a fuji frontier lab. In the camera when you are creating your print order
    you can specify that you want the date stamp on the picture, then the fuji
    software or fuji frontier will print it on.

    Justin Thyme, Jul 24, 2004