    Does anyone know which digital cameras have a feature so that I can see date
    and time stamp on the image?
    Thanks

    Anil Patel, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Just find software that will do it for you afterwards. Then you can buy
    any camera you want. All digital cameras put the time and date in the
    file, you just need something that will impose that on the image.

    Andrew McDonald, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Well to answer the actual question asked:

    The Minolta Dimage Xt can put the date/time stamp on the actual image (there
    are probably other cameras that can do this this but I'm not sure which)

    Of course as Andrew mentions you can also just do it manually but that does
    involve an extra step.

    -jm

    John McLaughlin, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Anil Patel

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I know my Kodak will do this, but I regard the feature as an undesirable
    intrusion into the quality of the image. I don't want ANYTHING on my
    image that wasn't what I SAW. If you need to know the date the picture
    was taken, it is included in the EXIF information generated by most
    digital cameras and encoded within the image where software can display it.
    The place for a date on a print is on the BACK.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 19, 2003
  5. You said this much nicer than I did. I *HATE* seeing date/time on the
    picture. One of the great things about digital is that the information
    is stored as part of the file, it's easy to find out when the picture
    was taken. And if you really have some need for it you can add the
    date/time after the fact.

    But I would hate to get an incredible picture of something and then find
    out that I had the stupid date/time stamp on and ruined it.

    Andrew McDonald, Nov 19, 2003