Datawrite Compact Flash Cards & Canon 350D... Problems.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PHH699, Aug 10, 2006.

  1. PHH699

    PHH699 Guest

    Recently purchased Datawrite 2Gb Compact Flash Card, when I load it into
    Canon 350D the camera "locks up and dies" - totally no display etc etc

    (Datawrite is brand available in UK/Europe, but I suspect is just a
    badge/label on some product from Korea, China or similar.)

    Try loading another compact flash card (Including other 2Gb) and still
    camera locks up until I remove battery and put battery back in, then camera
    works faultlessly. I assume reloading battery totally reboots the camera?

    Interestingly card worked the first time I used it when I fired off about 10
    shots, and have been able to download these onto PC.

    Any ideas as to problem or similar experiences? (And "yes" my recommendation
    to myself is to stick to buying Kingston, Sandisk, Crucial etc and not try
    to save small amount on CF Card!)

    Thanks in advance

    PHH699, Aug 10, 2006

  2. PHH699

    PHH699 Guest

    PHH699, Aug 10, 2006

  3. PHH699

    Bill Funk Guest

    I think the card is farkled, and, since you just got it, it should be
    returned for refund.

    Bill Funk, Aug 10, 2006