  1. Gerrry

    Peter Briggs Guest

    Don't be ridiculous.

    Peter Briggs, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Gerrry

    AuntieLib Guest

    No comment on the stories, novels and earlier films "Dark City" ripped
    off? (Come on. There are no original stories, only original ways to
    produce them.)
    So, when Joel Silver says that "The Matrix" was shot in a brand-new
    studio ("... don't touch the walls, they're wet...") he was lying?

    elizabeth

    AuntieLib, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Gerrry

    Andrew Venor Guest

    That wasn't my quote. You left off the real writers tag when you edited the last
    message.

    Besides, it's been said that their hasn't been a 100% original story written since
    Homer set his quill down for the last time.
    Seeing that I'm not familiar with that quote, I have no way of knowing how
    truthful Mr. Silver was.

    However, I do know it has been in The Matrix's extras that their film crew
    occupied the same sound stages at Fox Studio's Australia that Dark City had used.
    So some sets, most notably the roof tops, were available for the Wachoski brothers
    to reuse.

    ALV

    Andrew Venor, Jul 9, 2003
  4. Gerrry

    Lookingglass Guest

    DC is by far the better film...

    --
    PEACE... Dave www.Shemakhan.com

    ....we know what we are, but know not what we may be.

    Shakespeare

    Lookingglass, Jul 9, 2003
  5. Gerrry

    Bill Guest

    And THAT, is a matter of opinion.

    Frankly, I like all three films equally for different reasons.

    - Bill

    Bill, Jul 10, 2003
  6. Gerrry

    Bill Guest

    Hmmm, If you "hated" three of the better sci-fi films from the late
    90's, then I'd say you either don't like sci-fi films, or you're just
    impossible to please. In either case, it must suck to be you.

    - Bill

    Bill, Jul 11, 2003
  7. Gerrry

    Peter Briggs Guest

    In your dreams, pal. (Which, given the context, is actually rather
    funny!)

    Peter Briggs, Jul 11, 2003
  8. Gerrry

    Lou G. Guest

    It is not easy to write good dialog..

    Lou G., Jul 13, 2003
  9. Gerrry

    Trypt Guest

    Thats why you must go out and watch Equilibrium.. although I did like Dark
    City and The Matrix..

    Trypt, Jul 14, 2003
  10. Gerrry

    Steve Hanson Guest

    Yeah, how does he ever manage to finish masturbating without some
    dreary intelligence-insulting sci-fi hook to get him through?

    Steve Hanson, Jul 14, 2003
  11. Gerrry

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Not this again!

    Joshua Zyber, Jul 15, 2003
  12. Weren't the Warchowski brothers writing the Matrix before anyone ever heard
    of Dark City?

    Joseph S. Powell, III, Jul 27, 2003
  13. Gerrry

    Andrew Venor Guest

    That might be because the Warchowski's reused some of the sets used for
    Dark City when filming The Matrix. Seeing that their film was shot on
    the same sound stages at Fox Studio's in Sydney right after Alex Proyas
    used finished shooting his film.

    ALV

    Andrew Venor, Jul 28, 2003
  14. Gerrry

    niFe

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2013
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Yo Moma's bedroom
    Holy crap this thread is old :DDDDD

    Now back to le topic.

    Saw both movies. Well I saw Matrix like 4 times (all 3 parts)and just now the Dark City. Well for me the Dark City was more interesting for it's plot, whereas the Matrixs's main idea was clear after 20min. And yes both films do look alike especially the Dark City scene(last boss fight while in the air) where John stopped the knife with his mind.

    niFe, Dec 31, 2013