DAO 3035 error, update problem under Windowx XP x64; "system resource exceeded"

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Manuel Lopez, Oct 17, 2005.

  1. Manuel Lopez

    Manuel Lopez Guest

    (sorry for the duplicate post--I had trouble cross-posting.)

    I get a run-time error 3035 ("system resources exceeded") running DAO code
    in XP x64 that works fine under 32-bit XP. It updates 405,000 records.

    Dim dbs as DAO.Database
    If dbs=Nothing Then Set dbs=CurrentDb()
    DAO.DBEngine.BeginTrans
    dbs.Execute "UPDATE tblFoo SET [fldFoo]= [fldFoo] + 50;",
    dbFailOnError '<<<<<< FAILS ON THIS LINE
    DAO.DBEngine.CommitTrans

    I've already set the registry to allow this update (the crucial one being
    MaxLocksPerFile, which is set to hex 16e360 (=1,500,000 records, much more
    than the 400,000 records I'm updating):

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Jet 4.0]
    "PageTimeout"=dword:00001388
    "LockRetry"=dword:00000014
    "MaxBufferSize"=dword:00000000
    "Threads"=dword:00000006
    "ExclusiveAsyncDelay"=dword:000007d0
    "SharedAsyncDelay"=dword:00000032
    "FlushTransactionTimeout"=dword:000001f4
    "MaxLocksPerFile"=dword:0016e360
    "LockDelay"=dword:00000064
    "RecycleLVs"=dword:00000000
    "PagesLockedToTableLock"=dword:00000000
    "UserCommitSync"="yes"
    "ImplicitCommitSync"="no"

    I can do the update manually with a query (after clicking ok to the message
    about insufficient resources to rollback this update), but I can't do it
    with code. (I know I can call a query to do an update but I don't want to
    have to have a query for every field I update in the table, as opposed to
    dynamic Sql--also, this error says something is not right with my setup in
    x64.)

    I appreciate any thoughts on what's wrong.

    Manuel Lopez, Oct 17, 2005

  2. Manuel Lopez

    Manuel Lopez Guest

    Never mind--I solved the problem. I forgot about the registry changes in
    x64. The Jet 4.0 settings have to be changed under the WOW64 key to have an
    effect.

    Manuel Lopez, Oct 18, 2005