    :)

    Live long and prosper. Damn the Vulcans for stealing our line.

    Andromedan

    Andromedan, Oct 14, 2006

  2. Andromedan

    Yoshi Guest

    I was thinking along the same lines but so is Apple's new OS X Leopard
    (really just a copy of Unix with some paint on top). Just eye candy with
    some new features that should have been there in the first place.

    Yoshi, Oct 14, 2006

  3. Andromedan

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Ahhh, I still remember the joy of having RISC-OS running in two 1MB ROM's.
    Not much has changed in the looks with the new OS'es, but the burden on the
    system is tremendous. No need to get the latest of the latest though if the
    old thing still does it's job ;-)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Oct 14, 2006
  4. Andromedan

    Bob Guest

    You are just some kind of nut right?
    What's wrong with making it look good.
    Hardware is so inexpensive that I just can't understand what your problem
    is.
    If you don't like it stick to DOS or even something more privitive like the
    31 flavors of Linux.

    Bob, Oct 14, 2006
  5. Andromedan

    Guest Guest

    I agree with Bob. Call it too much eye candy if you want. There is no reason
    an operating system can't be as visually appealing as it is functional. I
    mean, heck, I am amazed every day when I sit in front of my computer, with
    the new look. So much so that I bought myself a new, up to date computer,
    with a 19" wide screen for it. (At first, I was running an notebook from 3
    years ago).
    the new system looks sweet, and though others may disagree, as far as I can
    see, runs better than XP.
    But hey, if it is "too pretty" for you, I can e-mail you DOS. It may just be
    ugly enough to fit your tastes. :)

    Hope this helps..

    Guest, Oct 15, 2006
  6. Andromedan

    Lang Murphy Guest

    Geez... not ANOTHER self-aggrandizing malcontent... who'd a thunk it?

    Lang

    Lang Murphy, Oct 15, 2006
  7. Andromedan

    Nut Cracker Guest

    One can see that the tendency to enlarge portions in Burger King and
    MICK ....

    McDonalds

    what? are you new?

    Nut Cracker, Oct 15, 2006
  8. Andromedan

    Dshai Guest

    Hmm....I think it was meant as a little comedy relief folks, lighten up a
    little...LOL

    Dshai, Oct 15, 2006
  9. I applaud microsoft for doing such a bad OS.

    My clients will increase 10 fold pleading for help.

    Multiple core computers will become dirt cheap...

    in general it will boost the IT economy.... because its such a bad product!
    Hurray! Lets hope the next OS will be even worse!

    progressive realization, Oct 15, 2006
  10. Andromedan

    Guest Guest

    Funny! But it shure is purty... ;)

    Guest, Oct 15, 2006
  11. Andromedan

    Guest Guest

    I agree 100% with you and Bob.

    I have never been able to grasp the concept of continually using something
    that is completely voluntary then moaning and groaning about using it. If I
    do not like McDonald's why would I keep purchasing their product so I could
    complain about it. This seems to be a little kinky to me - in the realm of
    S/M. Or like the guy that was asked "Why do you keep hitting yourself in the
    head with a hammer?" to which he responded "Because it feels so good when I
    stop". It would seem more productive to watch the grass grow than to use
    something that is completely voluntary in order to complain about it.
    Somewhere I heard the expression "Get a life". I wonder if that would be
    applicable or not in this situation.

    If I did not like Vista, I would simply un-install it (I would think I would
    know how to do this since I had installed it) and re-install whatever suited
    my tastes.

    Guest, Oct 15, 2006
  12. Andromedan

    mayor Guest

    I think I heard something similar with every new iteration of Windows.

    --
    Leo
    Myths: Bigfoot, the Tooth Fairy and Al Gore.

    mayor, Oct 15, 2006
  13. Vista is so full of totally unnecessary eye-candy and fat that any user is
    Still haven't found Windows Classic, have ya?

    Homer J. Simpson, Oct 16, 2006
  14. Andromedan

    Guest Guest

    Are you on drugs?

    Let me tell ya something. Now I know there have been a lot of people having
    issues with Vista, but guess what? IT ISN'T READY YET! It still has bugs, it
    may not be called "Beta" anymore, but it is still a beta program. it is
    hardly ready to go to the big burn, it isn't golden yet. It still has some
    bugs to work out. My guess is that if it "increaded your business" at all, it
    will mostly be because of new users not being completely sure how everything
    runs. I am sure less will be for the computer running. But I am sure that
    since you are so happy, imagining a bad product release, I am sure you will
    still be able to milk, nickel and dime users with false "issies" to make your
    "hard earned" dollars.

    Just a thought.

    Guest, Oct 16, 2006