    newserver address.

    Bit slack they should determine the uniqueness by the port as well as
    the address.

    Collector»NZ, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ

    Mike Dee Guest

    Seriously, use a dedicated stand-alone news client. There are several
    to choose from. There are some excellent ones that cost as much as
    Thunderbird to use. Like the one I'm using, "wouldn't swap it for
    quids" (now _there's_ an old saying).

    Mike Dee, Mar 21, 2005

  3. I've had lots of problems with newsgroups with more than 32k messages
    (Surely they are not using signed 16-bit integers anywhere in the
    program!? That's Windows 3.1-style coding). They are very slow at fixing
    bugs.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Mar 21, 2005
  4. heh, that is where netscape came from originally.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 21, 2005
  5. Collector»NZ

    bambam Guest

    Works very nicely from a flash drive as well.

    bambam, Mar 21, 2005
  6. Collector»NZ

    AD. Guest

    AD., Mar 21, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 21, 2005
  8. Collector»NZ

    AD. Guest

    Yeah, I didn't really use Netscape until 1.1 and yes it was on Windows 3.1 :)

    Anyway, here's an interesting inside account of the time:

    http://www.jwz.org/gruntle/nscpdorm.html

    I wonder if that counts as one of the first blogs?

    AD., Mar 21, 2005
  9. I have the same problem with SSHing into machines at a client's office,
    behind his ADSL router.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Mar 24, 2005
  10. Collector»NZ

    Dave Taylor Guest

    See headers for thirded opinion

    Dave Taylor, Mar 24, 2005
  11. Not if you define "blog" as "stream-of-consciousness Web page".

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Mar 24, 2005