    But forget it if youare on a slow connection
    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Jul 23, 2006

  2. Collector»NZ

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Dead right there - it slows startup dramatically, but I've continued
    using it as I don't start FF very often. Good way of backing up your
    bookmarks, too.

    There is also an older FF plugin that is similar.

    I've been using del.icio.us for a while now, which gives even more
    options for accessing bookmarks (ie, anyone from pretty much anywhere,
    can access them) and private bookmarks have been added. Import and
    export is also possible.

    People tend to look at del.icio.us and say huh? but once you've been
    using it for a while, and use RSS feeds, tags etc it really does become
    indispensable. It integrates well into FF, and even better into Flock.

    -=rjh=-, Jul 23, 2006

  3. in·no·va·tion

    1. The act of introducing something new.
    2. Something newly introduced.

    Nathan Mercer, Jul 23, 2006
  4. Collector»NZ

    Shane Guest

    ie. what Microsoft *used* to be synonymous with
    but not any more :)

    Shane, Jul 23, 2006
  5. Missing your point here nathan, :cool:

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Jul 23, 2006
  6. And one of the best reasons for the anti trust laws in the states. Monopoly
    positions stifle innovation by others. Google had better watch out on that
    angle too

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Jul 23, 2006
  7. Collector»NZ

    Richard Guest

    Installed it and regretted it.

    It duplicated heaps of my bookmarks which were on both computers, lost all my
    favicons, and ends up making FF take about 5 mins to start even if there isnt a
    hell of a lot to sync.

    Richard, Jul 23, 2006
  8. Collector»NZ

    Shane Guest

    I agree, Google might be the darling of the web for the moment, but
    Microsoft once occupied that position
    And, some of the criticisms aimed at Microsoft can already be legitimately
    aimed at Google.

    Shane, Jul 23, 2006
  9. Isnt/wasnt my experience. Dealt with everything quite nicely for me. In fact
    made cleaning up my hundreds of bookmarks a breeze and hasn't taken me a
    noticeably longer time to start (Connection speed helps 2Mbps home and 100Mbps
    work)

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Jul 23, 2006
  10. Collector»NZ

    MaHogany Guest

    3. Something not done by people currently employed by Micro$oft.

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Jul 23, 2006
  11. Which, of course, is complete rubbish

    www.microsoft.com/innovation

    Nathan Mercer, Jul 23, 2006
  12. Or not <http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20060713034234850>:

    [Tridgell] showed a very small palm-sized box which is a router or
    actually not a router but a router-sized device that is a -- well, you
    can think of it as a smart disk and the "smart" in it is Samba. You can
    plug USB hard disks into this device and put it in your network and
    embedded on that device runs Samba and serves the disks on the network.
    And that small box could possibly become an Active Directory server for
    several hundred people and could do all that work in this palm-sized box
    for which Microsoft right now requires a full PC. I mean, Samba has
    hardware requirements that are more than ten times lower than those of
    the Microsoft implementation. ...I think that made a huge impression on
    the Court because it showed that this is not about "free riding." This
    is about coming back to the industry standard of cooperation and
    interoperation. This is coming back to allowing competitors to actually
    compete with you. This is coming back to allowing innovation. That is
    what this case is ultimately about.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 23, 2006
  13. Collector»NZ

    shannon Guest