    normally, or wont it work?

    Hints tips and advice welcome.

    Noz

    Nozza, Jan 30, 2005

  2. Since you already have a router you'd be better off with a wireless
    access point or at least configure your wireless router as a WAP.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Nozza

    why? Guest

    Yes, you set it up as an wireless access point (WAP). Remove 1 of the
    PCs from the Linksys and plug in the PC in the WAP. The unused port on
    the Linksys connects to the WAP.

    You can even do this,
    Existing router -> Wireless AP(single port) -> (another room) Wireless
    Router / 4 port (as AP) this gives multiple switched ports in 2 rooms,
    handy for networked printing.
    It even works as 2 different networks, I have a mixed Netgear / Belkin
    which default to 2 different IP ranges, although the present setup isn't
    that anymore.
    It works fine if you follow the setup notes.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Jan 30, 2005
  4. Nozza

    Nozza Guest

    Thanks for the replies - muchly appreciated.

    Noz

    Nozza, Jan 31, 2005