  1. TK

    TK Guest

    finally...

    TK, Jul 30, 2009

  2. TK

    Chris H Guest

    In message <
    Shame about the D300s....
    not interested in Video
    not interested in a second card slot if it is a different format to the
    first.

    The higher speed frame rate is only of marginal use to a few.

    only useful part is the greater iso range.

    I think the D300s will not be seen as a step forward by most D300 users.

    Chris H, Jul 30, 2009

  3. TK

    Me Guest

    ?

    D300s;
    Default: ISO 200 - 3200 in 1/3, 1/2 or 1.0 EV steps
    Boost: 100 - 6400 in 1/3, 1/2 or 1.0 EV steps

    D300;
    Default: ISO 200 - 3200
    Boost: ISO 100 - 6400
    1/3, 1/2 or 1.0 EV steps

    Me, Jul 30, 2009
  4. TK

    Chris H Guest

    ?

    D300s;
    Default: ISO 200 - 3200 in 1/3, 1/2 or 1.0 EV steps
    Boost: 100 - 6400 in 1/3, 1/2 or 1.0 EV steps

    D300;
    Default: ISO 200 - 3200
    Boost: ISO 100 - 6400
    1/3, 1/2 or 1.0 EV steps[/QUOTE]

    I only skimmed the headlines but I thought they had promised a greater
    iso range... It seems it isn't

    So apart from the video (5 mins max) what point is the D300s?

    Chris H, Jul 30, 2009
  5. TK

    Chris H Guest

    On the other hand it might detract as only the consumer cameras have
    video? The Pro's would not use it. So theD300s will be seen as less of
    a pro camera and the D300....

    I suppose they want to boost D700 sales?
    I agree.
    :)

    There is a D3000 that has also been released. Looks like a cut down
    D5000

    Chris H, Jul 30, 2009
  6. TK

    Guest Guest

    nonsense. the canon 5d mark ii has video and is not what one would
    consider a 'consumer camera.'

    Guest, Jul 30, 2009
  7. Marketing at Nikon probably shows that sales of the D300 line will be
    boosted by x % if they merely add video. I'd guess x is less than 20%.

    John McWilliams, Jul 30, 2009
  8. TK

    Twibil Guest

    Absolutely! Pure marketing drek!

    What you *really* need is an authentic Michael Schumacher Steering
    Wheel Cover that will improve your cornering speed by 20 MPH.

    And, as it happens, I'm the sole importer...

    Twibil, Jul 30, 2009
  9. TK

    Pete D Guest

    Yes I do and so do Canon.

    Pete D, Jul 31, 2009
  10. TK

    Chris H Guest

    I was talking about professional cameras... not Canon :)))))
    Grabs his Nikon and runs for cover :)

    (point taken)

    Chris H, Jul 31, 2009
  11. TK

    J. Clarke Guest

    In any case, if the sensor allows it then the actual cost of providing it is
    peanuts, so why would the camera manufacturer _not_ provide it? It may not
    be a reason that a pro would use it _now_ but in the future they might find
    ways to use it, not necessarily shooting video for money but as a behind the
    scenes tool--30 seconds of a model signing a contract, showing her driver's
    license, and stating that she is the age the driver's license shows could
    save a world of hassle later to take one example.

    J. Clarke, Jul 31, 2009
  12. TK

    Paul Furman Guest

    More tempting to me for upgrading a D200, although it's just a second
    body, I contemplated the D90 for video and a D300s would be considerably
    more attractive. I won't, but it makes me drool a little bit <g>.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Aug 1, 2009