    as easily be done by using a simple "B" setting for the shutter speed to
    gain access to the sensor.

    Did I just waste $90 buying the AC Adapter?

    Anonymous, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Anonymous

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    I believe they require the adapter to ensure that the battery doesn't run
    out while you're in the middle of the process, which (with the mirror locked
    up) would be Bad. In other words, it's an artificial limitation, but it
    does exist as far as I know.

    The D70 doesn't require AC to lock up the mirror and clean the sensor, though,
    so clearly it's not a *technical* requirement.

    Jeremy Nixon, Aug 26, 2004