    My D100 continues to underexpose a lot of pictures.

    Thanks
    Al

    Paddler, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Paddler

    Tonka Guest

    if its like the 5700 you just download the prog to your CF card, it only
    takes a few minutes

    Tonka, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Paddler

    BCoinshooter Guest

    Hi
    Hi Al,

    This upgrade can only be done by Nikon themselves. The only thing the upgrade
    really does, is address some minor problems with using it with a Mac computer.
    It will not fix underexposure.

    However here is a great site with some Custom Curves that may help you.

    http://www.planetneil.com/nikon/d100-customcurves.html

    Good Luck & Good Shooting!

    Barry

    BCoinshooter, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Paddler

    Guest Guest

    Archived from (Paddler) on 23 Jul 2004 09:09:58
    -0700:
    Depends on how old your D100 is. If you bought it within the last 12 to 18
    months it probably is Version 2. "Your camera's current version is
    displayed when viewing an image and you have selected the image data
    display. If Version 2.00 is displayed, there is no need for this upgrade.
    If an earlier (lower number) version is displayed, then please acquire the
    Version 2 upgrade service." Only Nikon can perform the upgrade.

    If you do not care for the default images produced, you can create your own
    custom tone curve or use one created by someone else. Search on "Nikon
    curves."

    vm

    Guest, Jul 24, 2004
  5. Paddler

    IMKen Guest

    I had my D100 firmware upgraded. Time depends on backlog. Call them
    before sending in. I was without the Camera for 1 month total.

    Ken

    IMKen, Jul 24, 2004