d-link DWL-g650+ crashes windows at starting up

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a dell laptop and a d-link wireless card and router. I have a problem
    that when the d-link card (DWL G650+) is inserted in the machine windows
    fails to start. When i take out the d-link card it starts up fine.
    Sometimes it will start although its pretty rare when it does the d-link card
    connects and the web can be accessed but after 5 mins it freezes the computer
    and then i have to restart by turning off the power and then if i leave the
    wireless card in it fails crahes windows on start up. I have tried d-link
    support but nothing. The card seems to be working but before i do take it
    back to try another one i'm wondering if anyone has had the same problem.
    Have tried uninstallinig the software and re-installing it but thats hasn't
    helped. My computer seems slower than normal since it has been installed
    despite doing defrag and clean up on the hard drive...... waiting for it to
    start up is like waiting for god......

    Hope someone can help

    Many thanks

    Phil M