D-Link DSL-G624M (ADSL Mimo Router) & WEP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John, Nov 27, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Does anyone own one of these?, and if so, have you managed to get WEP
    encryption going.

    I have a laptop with a Belkin 802.11b PCMCIA card that works, and a desktop
    with Belkin 802.11b USB, that will not work. I rank D-Link and they said
    WEP does not work on this model, and would escalate the problem. They told
    me to use WSA, which is not supported on the Belkin units, so was not an
    option for me.
    They sent me an email saying WEP does work! I replied by asking whether A)
    Their technical help did not know what they were talking about or B) This
    unit actually does NOT work with WEP.

    I still have not got a sensible reply.

    The key I use on the laptop is pasted from a text file, and the same 128bit
    HEX key is pasted into the D-Link. When the D-Link reboots, and I try and
    connect via the windows Zero Wireless Configuration, the "Connect" just
    times out and will not work.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    John

    John, Nov 27, 2005

  2. John

    amigiac Guest

    I also had this problem, the router does support WEP but for some
    reason you need to select shared authentication rather than open on
    your clients.

    amigiac, Dec 19, 2005