    knows.
    Thanks for your help anyway...
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Sep 28, 2005

  2. I've got the wired part working well now. I set both NICs from auto to 100
    full mode, which made the difference.
    I had previously disabled both firewalls and Anti-Virus programs without
    success.

    I've yet to try this on wireless, when I get around to it. I feel happily
    lazy after this part success.
    Catch ya later,
    H.N.

    Herbert Nagler, Sep 29, 2005

  3. my DSL-G604T has this noise too. Its pitch is very high.
    But as you said earlier, the desktop fan easily drowns it out.
    However, I wouldn't want to sleep with it in one room, when everything else
    is turned off.

    H.N.

    Herbert Nagler, Sep 29, 2005
  4. Pete Kennedy

    ChrisC Guest

    Well done Herbert, you deserve a glas of wine, or two :)
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Sep 29, 2005
  5. Pete Kennedy

    ChrisC Guest

    Me neither, although I sleep in the room immediately next to the router and
    it doesn't disturb me at all....
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Sep 29, 2005
  6. Interesting. I have put them in many different places and haven't had that
    out of anyone. I have one, myself, sitting out in our loungeroom next to our
    recliners and I tell you I would be in trouble if it made any noise at all.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 2, 2005
  7. Interesting that a constant noise, when you go to sleep, can actually be
    siphoned out by your brain. If it were intermittent, you would be woken by
    it.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 2, 2005