    Maybe it's a defective unit ? I don't know and I am not sure I want to
    find out

    Lorenzo

    Lorenzo Sandini, Jun 15, 2007

  2. Lorenzo Sandini

    Barb Bowman Guest

    sorry to hear this one. are you running the US firmware on the
    router?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jun 15, 2007

  3. Lorenzo Sandini

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I can't remember what OS you were using. There are very new drivers
    on Windows Update. Also see
    ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/dwa652/Drivers/ where there are drivers
    dated last week.

    Barb Bowman, Jun 15, 2007
  4. Tried both the 1.03 firmware from D-link USA and D-link Finland,
    apparently identical. Tried all drivers I could find, used Windows Zero
    Config and D-link's utility, and all machines are XP pro. I don't know
    how the OS could make a difference ? Tried to tweak a fews settings here
    and there, only to return to default values.

    I even tried the 6dBi directional antennas on clients (DWA-547), with no
    effect on performance. A bit disappointed.

    It seems only you, Barb and myself are using this router... WHERE ARE
    ALL THE OTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMERS ? (just raising my voice a bit, not
    shouting)

    Lorenzo

    Lorenzo Sandini, Jun 15, 2007
  5. Hi
    Wireless is extremely affected by the environment.
    It runs at 2.4GHz which is the same frequency that is used by Microwave
    ovens.
    Electronic signal of this frequency is absorb by water molecules.
    As an example, let say you the exact same settings of Hardware in
    duplicated houses, one in Phoenix Arizona, and the other in Miami Florida.
    The Arizona system would do better because it is much less humid (less humid
    less water molecules' in the air) in Arizona.
    There is No magic Router that covers everything. Increasing wireless range
    is usually done by adding Wireless hardware and creating multi Access Point
    or WDS system.
    The following pages describe few ways to increase Wireless coverage that can
    be easily done by End -Users, may be you can find one that suits your
    environment.
    Wireless Modes - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
    Wireless Router as an AP - http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging