    for troubleshooting?

    Thanx!!

    RR

    R. Roe, Feb 11, 2004

  2. R. Roe

    SPD Guest

    My network is little different but I have similar
    problems. Search Cisco's site for "Choppy voice".
    There are a few documents that talk about these
    symptoms.

    In my case the problems appear going through a
    2620XM gateway to a Verizon DMS100 switch. In this
    case you can see counters of call statistics on
    the 2620. Look for the early, late and lost frames.
    If these are incrementing then chances are the
    playout buffer parameters need to be tuned.

    -good luck,
    Steve

    SPD, Feb 11, 2004

  3. R. Roe

    SPD Guest

    SPD, Feb 11, 2004
  4. R. Roe

    R. Roe Guest

    Thanx Steve!

    R. Roe, Feb 12, 2004
  5. R. Roe

    Pete Harris Guest

    the SP frame round trip times are < 22ms consistently; However we
    The "darth vader" effect is usualy caused by poor echo cancellation.
    Look at those places where packeted voice is converted to or from
    legacy phone circuits. When you have echo with longer latencies you
    hear an actual echo, but when if the latencies are short (like less
    than your 22msc), echo sounds like you're speaking through a tube.

    - Pete

    www.bg.com/qphone

    Pete Harris, Feb 13, 2004