    from loaded and don't pay any duties

    advise please and thanks in advance

    cheers Dave

    Dragon, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Dragon

    CW Guest

    3.5% Import Duty
    17.5% VAT
    £4 admin fee

    So for £28 it would be around £10 in charges

    CW, Jan 29, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Ian S Guest

    Not necessarily. Customs don't nomally bother if the value is under (IIRC)
    £35. The customs charge is actually much lower than you state. I have just
    been charged slightly over £10 for $80 (~£60-70) worth of DVDs.

    Ian S

    Ian S, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Dragon

    ZC TGS Guest

    Not quite true.

    I've imported Region 1 boxsets cost over £30 each and have been
    slapped with the tax.

    ZC TGS, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Dragon

    Lithurge Guest

    UK customs for 'commercial' deliveries will charge on orders
    above £18. If it's a gift the limit before a charge is made is
    £35.

    $80 is not £60-70 at the current exchange rate it's more like
    £43, and around £10 sounds about right for that.

    Lithurge, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Dragon

    John Howells Guest

    No. Anything over the £18 is liable to be charged if the package is not a
    gift. About a year ago I was charged for a package with £19 of DVDs.
    Apart from the Duty, which will not be charged (don't ask me why - it just
    is not!) the figures quoted were correct, so $80 is £45.41 at the USA
    exchange rate of 1.7618 used by HMCE during January (when was the exchange
    rate last 1.15 to 1.33?). On that the VAT at 17.5% gives £7.94, to which is
    added £4.00 for the P.O. fee, giving £11.94 in total. So just how much more
    than £10 were you charged?

    John Howells

    John Howells, Jan 30, 2004