    handier to have that option available on the toolbar and subject to a
    single mouse click rather than the multiple moves required to use the
    menu bar. Can I somehow make that change?

    Maybe, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Maybe quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Why not just use the keyboard shortcuts:

    F-Next message
    B-Previous message
    N-Next unread message
    P-Previous unread message

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Maybe

    FML Guest

    Haven't found the capability to do as you describe, however, why use the
    mouse at all? "F" takes you to the next message.

    FML, Nov 29, 2005
  4. Maybe quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    Forgot to give you this:

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/keyboard

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Maybe

    Trax Guest

    |>I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird. The toolbar permits me to "go to the
    |>next *unread* message" and the menu bar permits me to "go to" the *next*
    |>message. Usually, I prefer to move to the next message, so it would be
    |>handier to have that option available on the toolbar and subject to a
    |>single mouse click rather than the multiple moves required to use the
    |>menu bar. Can I somehow make that change?

    In a different direction, you can use PowerPro
    http://powerpro.webeddie.com/ and the keyboard shortcuts The Old
    Sourdough link'd to.

    Create a toolbar anywhere you want that has the commands you wish, you
    can even hide it until you need it; say when you take the mouse to the
    right side of the monitor the bar will pop up right were your mouse
    is...

    Trax, Nov 29, 2005
  6. Maybe

    Maybe Guest

    Thanks, Old S, I never have given thought to learning keyboard strokes
    -- old dog and new tricks syndrome. I think your suggestion is
    excellent and I intend to bend this weak mind to learning the most
    convenient of keystrokes. I understand that some of the "old pros"
    never bother with the mouse -- keystrokes only.

    Maybe, Nov 30, 2005
  7. Maybe

    Maybe Guest

    Thanks, Trax. I visited PowerPro home page. It looks awfully good. My
    reticence comes about only because I'm old, set in my ways, and too lazy
    to learn anything that I can get along without. I'm saving the link in
    my Bookmarks. Who knows, one day I may feel an uncontrollable burst of
    energy and initiative!

    Maybe, Nov 30, 2005
  8. Maybe quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    You're welcome. Have fun, and yes, quite often the keyboard is the fastest
    and most convenient way to go. :)

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 30, 2005
  9. Maybe

    Trax Guest

    |>> In a different direction, you can use PowerPro
    |>> http://powerpro.webeddie.com/ and the keyboard shortcuts The Old
    |>> Sourdough link'd to.
    |>>
    |>> Create a toolbar anywhere you want that has the commands you wish, you
    |>> can even hide it until you need it; say when you take the mouse to the
    |>> right side of the monitor the bar will pop up right were your mouse
    |>> is...

    |>Thanks, Trax. I visited PowerPro home page. It looks awfully good. My
    |>reticence comes about only because I'm old, set in my ways, and too lazy
    |>to learn anything that I can get along without. I'm saving the link in
    |>my Bookmarks. Who knows, one day I may feel an uncontrollable burst of
    |>energy and initiative!

    It's so usefull and pack'd full of abilities that it's learning curve
    is kinda high - Lots of tweaks.

    Trax, Nov 30, 2005