Customize Visual Studio

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Ger4ld, May 30, 2004.

  1. Ger4ld

    Ger4ld Guest

    Hi,

    I have an issue with visual studio 2003 on how they format
    your codes on the document window.
    When I am putting controls on the form using drag-and-drop,
    and switching to the other tab to look at the code, I dont
    liek how they format the codes. Especially the embedded
    styles on the controls.
    sample:
    <asp:textbox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT:
    216px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 104px"
    runat="server"></asp:textbox>

    What i wanted is if possible have Visual Studio
    automatically separate styles from the BODY of the HTML
    file and put it on the HEAD region. For reasons of
    readability/clarity, easy access, and personal preference.
    If this is not possible, can you at least set VStudio 2003
    to write the style attributes and values all in lowercase
    or any preference? I tried setting through the options in
    this procedure:

    Tools->Options->Text Editor->CSS->Format

    sample setting:
    Style: Semi-expanded
    Capitalization: Lowercase
    Preview:
    BODY {
    color: red;
    font-family: Arial;
    }

    But this does not seem to work. The style attributes
    embedded in web controls are still written in ALL-CAPS.

    Is there a way to fix this?

    ..

    Ger4ld, May 30, 2004

  2. Ger4ld

    Eric Guest

    the new VS 2005 that will be in beta soon has much better formatting
    options...

    Eric

    Eric, Jun 1, 2004