  1. Graham J

    Wibble Guest

    http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/internet-service/tagremoval

    Wibble, Aug 17, 2014

  2. Graham J

    Woody Guest

    A relative has been trying to sell a deceased's house for a
    year. The solicitor says there is about 40 hours work to do
    in dealing with the estate (inc probate) at £190 per hour
    plus wants 1.5% of the total estate value.

    Living in the past I'm not so sure but certainly they know
    how to rob!

    Woody, Aug 17, 2014

  3. Graham J

    Graham J Guest

    [snip]

    The saga continues ...

    8) On 26 August my customer's landline service is restored with the
    agreed number ending 767666. Zen try again to start a broadband service
    on the line

    9) On 27 August Zen report failure. My customer's address has postcode
    ending 7UN, but Zen find no information relating to this. However Zen
    does find that the poscode ending 7RW is associated with my customer's
    number. We already know this postcode relates to a property about half
    a mile away!

    10) After several calls to Unicom, who initially claim that they can see
    the correct postcode is associated with the line, Unicom finally use the
    BT tools to examine the line and agree that in fact BT show the wrong
    postcode. Unicom make an "Audit Request" to BT to resolve the issue.
    This is expected to be complete by 1 September.

    11) On 1 September, Zen check again. Their BT system still shows the
    wrong postcode. Yet Unicom told my customer that the "Audit Request"
    had completed on 29 August and Unicom could see the correct postcode
    shown on their BT system.

    Any ideas where we go from here?

    Graham J, Sep 2, 2014
  4. Graham J

    David Guest

    Oftcom?
    Legal action?
    Cable?
    Regards
    David

    David, Sep 2, 2014
  5. Graham J

    Davey Guest

    Three-way call with Zen, Unicom, and you?

    Maybe get Zen to send you a printout of their BT information, then send
    it to Unicom.
    It looks as though Unicom are just an extra layer of obstruction. Is
    there any way of getting them out of the picture?

    Davey, Sep 2, 2014
  6. Graham J

    Graham J Guest

    [snip]

    Agreed. My understanding is that BT actually control all this
    information. Problem appears to be that they will only talk to the
    "owner" of the line, which is curently Unicom.

    One would think that there ought to be a mechanism to communicate
    directly with BT about this but I have yet to find it. Any ideas?

    Graham J, Sep 3, 2014
  7. Graham J

    Davey Guest

    Ouija board? At least insist that Unicom share their info. with Zen,
    as in a screenshot or URL. If Zen maintain that BT are telling them
    something different, then they should be able to prove their point of
    view.
    I know it's easy to say it, not so easy to make it happen.

    Davey, Sep 3, 2014
  8. Graham J

    Graham J Guest

    Yet more (sigh) ....

    12) 8 September Zen can now see that the postcode for number ending
    767666 does correctly end with 7UN. But Zen can see that there is an
    ADSL service on the line, which is provided by BT retail. Given that
    the line is provided by Unicom, who have no knowledge of any ADSL
    service - how can this happen?

    The previous customer at this postcode had a different number and the
    installed filter would suggest that they had FTTC. So far as we know
    that customer took the number and FTTC service with him to a new
    location in the same town.

    Graham J, Sep 8, 2014
  9. Graham J

    Davey Guest

    If Unicom, owning the line, cannot identify the owner of the ADSL, then
    surely BT can just 'pull the plug'?

    Davey, Sep 9, 2014
  10. Graham J

    Graham J Guest

    .... and finally ...

    On 16 September we order a new landline with simultaneous provision of
    fibre broadband, from Zen.

    Last Friday, 26 September, an Openreach engineer arrives, connects up
    the new landline, and routes it through the house to where the master
    socket is required. He mounts the NTE5 and fits the new VDSL faceplate
    filter. He fits the VDSL modem on the wall, connects it to my
    customer's Ethernet router and to the correct socket on the VDSL
    faceplate, and powers up.

    However he advises that an "Underground Engineer" will have to attend to
    complete the wiring at the cabinet.

    On Saturday an engineer arrives to do just that; the the landline comes
    to life, and can make & receive calls. However the engineer says
    another engineer will call on Monday (today) to get the broadband to work.

    I ask Zen about this, who report that Openreach have nobody allocated to
    the job so there may be a couple of days delay.

    However about 3pm an Openreach engineer arrives, connects up the fibre
    equipment in the nearby cabinet, and verifies the service works.

    So my customer can now log onto the OFCOM website and make his complaint
    about Unicom!

    Graham J, Sep 29, 2014