    picture frames.

    Can anyone help? Pretty please?

    P. Ruzicka

    The Ruzicka Family, May 17, 2004

  2. The Ruzicka Family

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Sounds like barrel distortion.. It's not specific to digital photography.
    It's a 'thing' with wide angle lenses.. This is one reason why people
    will pay over $1000 for a lens :)

    Here's a quick tutorial.. (You can find others if you google using
    "barrel distortion" and "photography")..

    http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Image_Techniques/Barrel_Distortion_Correction_01.htm

    Jim Townsend, May 17, 2004

  3. The Ruzicka Family

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    Not a problem with "digital" photography, but rather
    the lens on your camera - most noticed when using
    wide angle lenses...

    Many, if not all, software photo editing packages
    have correction tools in them that will correct
    fisheye or barreling or pincushion distortion.

    They'll even straighten your picture, and if necessary
    correct for perspective distorion.

    I use Paint shop pro which does all of the above;
    if you'd like there is a 30 day free evaluation
    available at their site.

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, May 17, 2004
  4. Thanks! I added that into my Elements 1.0 and it worked quite nicely!

    The Ruzicka Family, May 18, 2004