    am using the Windows firewall in the meantime. I've been tempted to try the
    Tiny Firewall beta, but since they've been bought by Computer Associates,
    it's anybody's guess what the retail version will be like.

    Guest, Jul 25, 2005

  2. Guest

    M. Murcek Guest

    I'm using TPF 64 on my 64 bit notebook and it's fine. I guess the CA issue
    will come down to whether one believes they're another "evil empire." I'm
    using eTrust 64 and don't see anything evil so far...

    M. Murcek, Jul 25, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    I'm not into conspiracy theories, so I have no problems with CA.

    Is eTrust their firewall, anti-virus, or both?

    Guest, Jul 25, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 25, 2005
  5. Guest

    M. Murcek Guest

    eTrust is the AV product. I like it enough that I'd gladly use a 64 bit
    version of their firewall as well. No such product exists at present,
    though...

    M. Murcek, Jul 25, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Andre,

    Thanks. Could you also address the other question I had on Microsoft
    ActiveSync listed right after this one? Others have said you would be the one
    with the answer.

    TIA

    Guest, Jul 25, 2005
  7. eTrust is a suite of programs including AV and firewall. I use eTrust AV
    7.1 for antivirus but not the firewall. Try this link for info on 64bit
    compatibility for the firewall:
    http://www3.ca.com/smb/solution.aspx?id=5276
    Use the "Chat" function on the upper right of the screen to have an eTrust
    employee verify the status of the firewall with respect to x64 (likely).

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 25, 2005
  8. Colin Barnhorst, Jul 25, 2005
  9. What am I, Active Sync King today? LOL! Anyway, Wewa posted some information
    that might be of assistance, here it is:

    Wewa said:
    Yes, I originaly could not get 3.8 to load also.

    But i did get 4.0 as suggested here awhile back, and its working.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/windowsmobile/downloads/default.aspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 25, 2005