    standalone DVD recorder from a VCR. But will the disks play in the new
    format Blu-ray or HD players? All info I've run across says "yes." Any
    truth? Or am I wasting my time and money?

    Hugh Doherty, May 24, 2006

  2. Hugh Doherty

    kaydigi Guest

    YES

    kaydigi, May 24, 2006

  3. Hugh Doherty

    caliban43 Guest

    it's been announced by the makers of both formats that the new machines
    will be backwards compatible -- your old DVDs will play on the new
    machines.

    John Harkness

    caliban43, May 24, 2006
  4. Hugh Doherty

    Hugh Doherty Guest

    Many thanks to you and kaydigi for the reassurance. I'll keep going; only
    130 to go!!!any bets I'll discover I don't really want to keep a lot of
    them.

    Cheers, Hugh

    Hugh Doherty, May 24, 2006
  5. Hugh Doherty

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Hugh Doherty declared:
    Yes, though watching VHS-quality video on a HiDef set is rather like
    drinking Schlitz from a crystal wine glass.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Since his first name is Sean, and since I can't be bothered to do

    Sean O'Hara, May 26, 2006
  6. Hugh Doherty

    unisellers Guest

    Any Blu-ray / VHS combo players ? I still have a lot of video tapes.

    unisellers, May 29, 2006