    other CompTIA certifications? Everyone else I know that's certified is
    male. Now that I've passed my exams, I'm just curious how many other A+
    technodivas are out there ;-)

    LJS, Sep 3, 2003

  2. LJS

    JohnnyVee Guest

    I teach A+ and in the last 6 years I have had exactly *zero* females pass
    the A+. In six years I have had maybe three female students. I'm at a
    public high school and average between 35 and 55 students per year. It
    *appears* as though there is a real female gender bias in my class, just
    like the Early Childhood classes have a male gender bias....not sure how to
    correct it. We lost our network administrator to the war effort in Iraq and
    when we advertized his position, we had twenty-six applicants, all males.

    JohnnyVee, Sep 5, 2003

  3. LJS

    the androgynous android

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I, literally, stumbled on this forum because I googled the same thing, lol! I figured it'd be good to subscribe on here. I took a PC repair class a while back, and the graduation packet was a discount for the A+ certification, but I had money and transportation issues so I never took it, yet, so now I'm taking an online IT class to help refresh my memory, and I keep checking out a really nice and update version of the PC maintenance and repair manual to prepare myself, and I'm saving up my money to take it by the summer of next year.

    I figure being a female in the IT industry will probably be a double-edged sword: on the one hand, it seems like companies are eager to find qualified female candidates, because, according to several articles, there is, apparently, a huge shortage. But, on the other hand, I find with any industry that's predominantly male, it's so hard for a woman to be taken seriously even though she really knows what she's talking about. I fear that I'll have to work twice as hard to get some respect.

    the androgynous android, Jul 28, 2014