    Problem is , I cannot close anyone down, as when I try, the machine freezes.
    one must be a prob,
    Any Ideas please?

    Annette Kurten, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Annette Kurten

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | When checking this, I find three different to normal.
    | (KIDS been on)
    | They are
    | wmenagt
    | asicutil2
    | motivedirectory
    | Problem is , I cannot close anyone down, as when I try, the machine
    freezes.
    | one must be a prob,
    | Any Ideas please?

    Remind me please ONE MORE TIME what operating system you are running? There
    isn't a "case log" and I don't want to have to go looking in old posts...

    (geez...the basics please, at *least* provide the basics...)

    Toolman Tim, Jan 15, 2005

  3. No reference to the above on Google. Are you sure it isn't "wmagent"?
    Part of Webaccelerator. Get rid of it.
    Installed by HP for a printer.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 15, 2005
  4. Annette Kurten

    Nick Guest

    Nick, Jan 15, 2005
  5. Web accelerator????

    Annette Kurten, Jan 16, 2005
  6. Sorry old chap Win 98 old valve set

    Annette Kurten, Jan 16, 2005
  7. Annette Kurten

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | > | (KIDS been on)
    | > | They are
    | > | wmenagt
    | > | asicutil2
    | > | motivedirectory
    | > | Problem is , I cannot close anyone down, as when I try, the machine
    | > freezes.
    | > | one must be a prob,
    | > | Any Ideas please?
    | > |
    | > Remind me please ONE MORE TIME what operating system you are running?
    | There
    | > isn't a "case log" and I don't want to have to go looking in old
    posts...

    | > (geez...the basics please, at *least* provide the basics...)
    | >
    | Sorry old chap Win 98 old valve set

    Ah! Valve set...I have some of those <g>! And I really do - there's a 'kit'
    stereo system in my closet that someday I want to build into a cabinet for
    the office. Plus I have some computers that almost qualify as "valve"
    sets...I ran across one in my spare room a couple days ago that was a 486
    DX4 100MHz motherboard...really cool for Windows 3.1 ;o)

    Typically in Win98 when I do an "End Task" on most functions in the Task
    Manager (ctrl-alt-del) I get a 20 or 30 second delay where the computer is
    hung. Eventually, a window pops up "This program is no longer responding".
    Have you waited long enough to be sure that the system has given up on
    ending the program? I seem to recall a reg hack or TweakUI function that
    reduced that delay, but I can't be sure.

    Also, I have found that if the "MDM" program is running in computer, the
    'end task' doesn't work right most of the time either. If I have to end a
    task, I'll kill MDM (machine debug monitor - from MS) first, then the others
    seem to go down easier.

    See, that's why I asked about the OS...things work differently in XP ;-)

    Other replies made to your post have provided some insight as to what the
    exact programs are. The final question would be "Do I want to stop them from
    running in the first place?" If you want to work on that issue, I'm sure
    there's help available.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 16, 2005
  8. I should have said Webcelerator. According to Google that's where the
    file comes from, and also mentioned is Acceleration Soft from
    eAcceleration Corp. The file is mentioned quite a few times as a trouble
    maker.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 16, 2005
  9. Annette Kurten

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: CTRL>ALT>DEL
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    You have kids? I thought you were a carpet-licker. Did you ever hook up with
    that chick that made you "smitten"?

    G. Morgan, Jan 16, 2005
  10. YUP:)

    Annette Kurten, Jan 16, 2005