    although I knew their cards are very slow and not really fast enough
    for modern cameras. As well as being slow their memory is also
    unreliable and their customer service is rubbish too.

    Proteus, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Proteus

    spodosaurus Guest

    That seems a perfectly reasonable way for Crucial to handle the matter
    to me. They received the faulty card and promptly replaced it. To me,
    that sounds like an endorsement.

    spodosaurus, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Proteus

    Alan Browne Guest

    So, when you bought the card you bought into the warranty which says:

    "Crucial, at its option, will repair, replace, or provide a
    credit or refund of either the original purchase price or fair
    market value, whichever is lower, of any product that is
    determined by Crucial to be defective."

    They elected to replace (no surprise). You should still take the
    replacement whether or not you bought another card.

    Don't bitch about their customer service when they laid out their
    T&C's when you bought the product and now they're simply trying
    to live up to their T&C's.

    And in the future stick with the higher quality vendors. When
    you go cheap you get what you pay for.

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    Alan Browne, Sep 10, 2004
  4. I'd have to agree - I don't know of anywhere that would give a
    refund after more than 30 days.
    In my experience (and that of many others) the customer service
    from Crucial is about as good as it gets.

    Graeme Cogger, Sep 10, 2004
  5. Proteus

    Grim Guest

    Holy crap! Some people will bitch about anything!

    Grim, Sep 10, 2004
  6. Proteus

    G. Innipig Guest

    What spot-on service. Well done Crucial.
    Buy a cheap nasty card you get cheap nasty performance. But Crucial did
    exactly what they say they would do. Shut up bitching, you bloody misery;
    you got exactly what you paid for, no more, no less.

    G. Innipig, Sep 10, 2004
  7. Proteus

    Proteus Guest

    Now hold on. I *never* said Crucial were selling cheap and nasty
    products!!! I merely stated the facts as I found them.

    Proteus, Sep 10, 2004
  8. Proteus

    daytripper Guest

    You are a moron. Deal with that...

    daytripper, Sep 11, 2004
  9. I used to work in a computer store that bought lots of memory from
    Crucial. If there were any defective chips (we tested 'em) they'd take
    care of it with no hassles.

    Randall Ainsworth, Sep 11, 2004
  10. Proteus

    Proteus Guest

    Yes that was part of the problem. Crucial has a good reputation for
    computer memory and I wrongly assumed that their CF memory would be
    similarly good.

    Proteus, Sep 11, 2004
  11. Proteus

    Proteus Guest

    Sticks and stones son...

    Proteus, Sep 11, 2004
  12. Proteus

    Big Bill Guest

    High quality.
    Low price.
    Good warranty.

    Pick any two.
    You didn't even pick two. You only picked low price.
    You got what you paid for.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Sep 11, 2004
  13. Proteus

    Al Dykes Guest

    In my experience Crucial is a top-shelf quality provider. It's the
    web site for Micron, which has been making chips in the USA for a
    couple decades. AFAIK they still make some of thier stuff in the USA.

    Resellerratings.com gives Crucial a 9.51 rating from more than 1000
    people. It doesn't get much better than that.

    Crucial fulfilled it's warrenty terms promptly and completely. What's
    the gripe ?

    Al Dykes, Sep 11, 2004
  14. Proteus

    kashe Guest

    In the end, he also got a good warranty anyway -- the seller
    was willing to replace the product. That the buyer chose the self-help
    path of purchasing elsewhere is his own problem.

    kashe, Sep 11, 2004
  15. Proteus

    Tim Smith Guest

    Crucial has a 9.51 six-month rating, and a 9.68 lifetime rating, at
    resellerreports.com.

    Tim Smith, Sep 11, 2004
  16. Proteus

    Tim Smith Guest

    I'm curious who you think would be a higher quality vendor than Crucial.

    Tim Smith, Sep 11, 2004
  17. Proteus

    Mako Guest

    For digi-camera memory, or ram? This thread is specific to the former.

    Mako, Sep 12, 2004
  18. Proteus

    kashe Guest

    Do you really think they would bother to provide specific
    ratings for each individual product in their line of business?

    kashe, Sep 12, 2004
  19. Proteus

    Mako Guest

    Do you really think they provide their own ratings? The point I was
    making is that the rating may not be much use if they had a good ram
    product line but were trading on that reputation to sell another
    product line that wasn't so good.

    Mako, Sep 12, 2004
  20. Proteus

    Charlie Self Guest

    Actually, it's hard to speculate on the basis of one complaint here. Evidently,
    the OP waited past the 30 day refund mark, then requested a refund, and got a
    new CF instead. I'm not exactly sure how following their own rules makes
    Crucial unresponsive, nor does that sound like bad customer service, to me. And
    one instance of a bad CF doesn't indicate an inferior line, at least to me.

    Charlie Self
    "Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and
    hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill

    Charlie Self, Sep 12, 2004