CRT - scripting question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ERIK NEWS, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. ERIK NEWS

    ERIK NEWS Guest

    Hi

    I am not a good programmer and need some advice. Can anyone give me advice
    on how best to automate repetitive router management tasks using secureCRT.
    I never woked in a telco environment so never really needed to script and
    automate tasks. Now have to deal with very large networks and would like to
    make life easier. I am using secure crt to ssh to a server from where we can
    reach cisco routers using standard telnet. For starters I would like to
    build a list of wan addresses and let crt telnet to each and save the config
    to a tftp server. Will try more later - like make config changes for a
    number of devices etc.

    I use the standard login script to get me in on the ssh server without any
    keystrokes - works fine, How do I now create a scritp with a list of routers
    that secureCRT can use once it connects to the server to auto telnet to
    miltiple devices and issue a copy...tftp etc command. Or is it the other way
    round - should one write a script that calls crt. I notice that van dyke
    have a couple of sample scripts - I am not sure how they should be compiled
    or called from CRT

    Any advice will be appreciated.

    erik

    ERIK NEWS, Jul 20, 2005