  1. Maybe it has improved over the years. It has been some years
    since I tried to follow it.

    -- glen

    glen herrmannsfeldt, Oct 19, 2010

  2. After reading my work again, I see my mistake.

    It was very early in the morning and I guess I wasn't awake.

    Router to PC is crossover. That's the exception.

    But aside from that, what I said was correct.

    I'll have another cup of coffee, I guess.

    Regards,

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Oct 19, 2010

  3. CREAM

    Rob Guest

    You seem to think it is an exception but it is not.

    There are two kinds of interfaces: those found on hubs and switches (MDI-X),
    and those found on everything else (PC, printer, router, whatever) (MDI).

    You need a crossed cable for every connection between two devices
    of the same kind (both MDI or both MDI-X).
    Unless the device has an "auto MDI/MDI-X" function, as most of them
    do these days.

    Rob, Oct 19, 2010