    And, while I'm on the subject, I haven't seen other Criterion DVDs with the
    same "limited time" sticker. Are there others?

    Thanks in advance to anybody who would care to answer my questions.

    LZernov, Sep 3, 2003

  2. LZernov

    Moviezzz Guest

    MGM is getting the rights to the DVD soon.

    Since that will be the third company to distribute it (after Anchor Bay and
    Criterion) it shouldn't be hard to find. The Criterion disc is a good one (has
    the Peckinpah documentary on the extra disc) but nothing worth spending more
    than retail for in the future when it does go out of print.

    Moviezzz, Sep 3, 2003

  3. LZernov

    matt r Guest

    Just e-mail them at the criterion website, they were quite helpful when I
    asked a similar question.

    matt r, Sep 3, 2003
  4. LZernov

    Jay G Guest

    Criterion's rights to the film expire at the end of the year. It's unlikely
    that it will have a price drop, so picking it up now is as good a time
    as any.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Sep 4, 2003