    good the newest transfer is, and most importantly, is it in the correct
    original theatrical release aspect ratio?

    T.B.

    TB, Dec 28, 2005

  2. TB

    fredman Guest

    DVDtalk.com has a pretty good review of this title (I confess I'm not
    familiar) and state that they have gotten it right this time around.
    Cheers.

    fredman, Dec 28, 2005

  3. TB

    Black Locust Guest

    Does Criterion ever get it wrong?

    Black Locust, Dec 31, 2005
  4. TB

    jayembee Guest

    Now and then. The framing on CHASING AMY was off, because
    that's what Disney gave them. And they released ALPHAVILLE in
    fullscreen, because that's the way Godard wanted them to release
    it (their LD edition was widescreen). But they don't often screw up.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Dec 31, 2005
  5. TB

    fredman Guest

    Actually, "they" is this sense meant the previous iterations of the
    DVD by two other publishers - who apparantly did not get it right.
    Cheers.

    fredman, Jan 1, 2006