    I have customes that prefer Credit card Payments over the internet.. Which
    is the best way to do this in NZ..

    cheers Peter

    Peter, Feb 19, 2006

  2. maybe you should provide more info.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Feb 19, 2006

  3. Peter

    zipdisk Guest

    Simple just give them your account number and a individual payment code for
    each customer.

    zipdisk, Feb 19, 2006
  4. Peter

    shannon Guest

    I don't know what the best way is, your question is a bit vague, but asb
    cardpay offers a system http://www.asbbank.co.nz/section246.asp

    shannon, Feb 19, 2006
  5. Peter

    ~misfit~ Guest

    What more do you need? Peter wants advice on how to set up a website / page
    where his customers can pay by credit card. Comprehension skills go a long
    way you know.

    ~misfit~, Feb 19, 2006
  6. T'was the Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:41:18 +1300 when I remembered "Peter"
    http://www.webfarm.co.nz/worldpay/index.mv ?

    Waylon Kenning, Feb 20, 2006
  7. you could take a look at what these guys have to offer:

    http://www.thawte.com/online-merchants/index.html

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Feb 20, 2006
  8. Peter

    A Guest

    Acually depending on the individual situation there are a number of
    solutions and this cannot be determined based on the original post.

    e.g. If the OP already has merchant facilities for a retail shop and
    has the ability to key in cardholder not present transactions

    If the OP does not have merchant facilities already (and I couldn't
    work it out from the original post - maybe you could have) then they
    have to decide whether its worth it. Given that most banks have a
    minimum monthly charge (e.g. $15) the level of credit card sales will
    determine whether this is viable or not.

    The level of sales and whether the OP has a website will also
    determine whether its worth investing in a secure payment system for
    the website.

    If the payments are infrequent and the customers are few, then it may
    be better to use Paypal. Not as convenient for customers but it is at
    least an option for them and better than not taking credit cards at
    all.

    Something inbetween may warrant using a third party such as worldpay

    Then there's also the need for processing in foreign currencies - will
    the customers be paying in USD or are will they be paying in local
    NZD?

    In other words to provide a proper answer, more info is required to be
    able to give the best answer.

    A, Feb 20, 2006
  9. Peter

    ~misfit~ Guest