  1. Don't you just hate websites that insist you enter a credit-card number as
    all digits, with no hyphens or spaces allowed? How many lines of JavaScript
    does it take to strip out non-digits before submitting the form?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 16, 2008

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Or the ones that give you four boxes, but don't automatically move you
    to the next box when you've entered 4, and let you enter 5 or more
    digits in each box. I mean, the code at the far end must take the four
    fields and return a CC number, so why couldn't they make the fields four
    wide in the HTML?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 16, 2008

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Richard Guest

    Why does it need to be 4 seperate fields? Thats almost as annoying as
    the ones with 3 textfields or 2 textfields and a dropdown to get a date.
    Why not just let me type it?

    Richard, Mar 16, 2008
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Bryce Utting Guest

    brave admission, that man.

    butting

    Bryce Utting, Mar 16, 2008
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Squiggle Guest

    Because the Americans (and others?) do dates back to front. is
    10/11/2008 10th November or 11th October?

    Squiggle, Mar 16, 2008
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Chris Lim Guest

    OTOH how hard is it to always type in credit card numbers with no
    hyphens or spaces (less typing!) ? I haven't come across any websites
    that don't accept them in this format, so it's not like you need to
    chop and change.

    Chris Lim, Mar 16, 2008

  7. Use Windows works Great..

    Brian Mathews, Mar 16, 2008
  8. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    sam Guest

    Standing on the runway again eh ?

    sam, Mar 16, 2008
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    thingy Guest

    Probably none effectively, ie I would think there is a std module
    someone else has already written to do that....

    give me perl any day.

    regards

    thing

    thingy, Mar 16, 2008
  10. Give the users the choice.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 17, 2008
  11. There's actually an ISO-standard order, which is year-month-day, also used
    in Japan. That's the form I prefer--easier to do comparisons and sorting.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 17, 2008
  12. Oddly enough, the problem arose because I was helping a friend renew a
    subscription for some Dimdows software.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 17, 2008
  13. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Ron McNulty Guest

    Well the occasional user will have JavaScript disabled. But that is no
    excuse for poor programming on the server side.

    My take on this is to accept lots of formats from the user, then
    standardise the format on the results page. So strip out non-digits,
    then format the number exactly as it appears on the credit card.

    Regards

    Ron

    Ron McNulty, Mar 17, 2008
  14. Well there is your problem there if you had half a brain cell you would
    have tried it with windows software.

    Robin Halligan, Mar 21, 2008
  15. We _did_ try it all on Dimdows.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 21, 2008

  16. Again this is your problem you should try WINDOWS not this fantasy you have
    called dimdows.

    you should try looking in the real world once in a while and not the
    fantasy world you live in.

    Robin Halligan, Mar 23, 2008
  17. is this woger again ?

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 31, 2008