    am soooooo tired of paying $$$ for cameras that last <3 years and
    which cost ~$200 to repair. Argh.

    Talk about planned obsolescence.

    Matt Alanzo, Apr 28, 2005

  2. Keep in mind that all extended warrantee (really insurance policies) are
    there for only one reason. They want to get your money into their pockets,
    generally by using scare tactics.

    For the most part over 50% of what you pay when you buy it goes directly
    to the salesman and the store. The remainder goes to profit of the
    insurance company, their staff (some of who work just to keep you from using
    it) and a small % actually goes to claims.

    I suggest you just put the money in the bank and be happy knowing you
    made the wise choice.

    I really love making a fuss at the check out lane when they try to sell
    me one of those.

    Joseph Meehan, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Matt Alanzo

    Ed Mullikin Guest

    I'm nearing eighty and I have never purchased an extended warranty. In all
    my purchases of these types only once it would have been to my advantage to
    have the extended warranty.

    Ed Mullikin, Apr 28, 2005