    I found this thing in a box in the attic, along with the install CD for
    Windows 95. Needless to say, the drivers don't work.

    Thanks a bunch!

    Beer Bob, Oct 2, 2005

  2. Beer Bob

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Did ya happen to try the Creative WEB SITE? Huh? Huh? Didja?

    http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

    Geez...

    Toolman Tim, Oct 2, 2005

  3. Beer Bob

    Shawn Guest

    www.driverguide.com maybe?

    Shawn, Oct 2, 2005
  4. Beer Bob

    Evan Platt Guest

    http://www.creativelabs.com

    Support
    Downloads
    Web Cameras->WebCam->

    and there's the Video Blaster and Video Blaster III there. One of
    those should work.

    Evan Platt, Oct 2, 2005
  5. Beer Bob

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Awww, c'mon - you're not even gonna razz him a bit?

    Toolman Tim, Oct 2, 2005
  6. Beer Bob

    Beer Bob Guest

    Been there done that - not the right driver. I don't think Creative supports
    anything that's not USB anymore. This thing has the connection to the
    printer port and keyboard connection, with the keyboard connecting to a
    female jumper that comes out of a large interface connector.

    I tried DriverGuide.com and the only thing they have it the 9x version that
    won't run under NT or XP.

    I fear the webcam will have to go on Ebay for a buck!

    Beer Bob, Oct 2, 2005
  7. Speaking of obscure non-sound-related products from Creative, I used to
    have one of their Grephics Blaster cards, and I'm still using one of
    their Modem Blaster external modems. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 2, 2005
  8. Beer Bob

    FullName Guest

    Hi,

    Try the NT 4.0 drivers from Creative.
    http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

    The drivers file is wc2pnt4.exe which is a Zip SFX. The installer inside is
    Pp2103nv.exe, run that.

    At the end of the install, choose "Cancel" to the reboot. The reason for
    that is the installer installs old TWAIN files which bitchy XP will complain
    about being replaced by older versions. Depending on your setup, you may
    need to put in the XP CD-ROM so XP can replace the files. XP may do this
    automatically, or prompt you to insert the XP CD-ROM.

    Shut down. Plug in the connectors to the keyboard (powers the cam) and the
    parallel port. Restart. Make sure the Parallel port is set to ECP in the
    BIOS.

    The device shows up in Control Panel | System | Hardware | Device Manager |
    Sound, video and game controllers | Legacy Video Capture Devices |
    Properties | Creative Video Blaster WebCam II

    Install Video Blaster WebCam Monitor for Win98, WinME and Win2k.
    http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
    Filename WebCamMonitorV1_33.EXE.

    There you go.

    FullName, Oct 2, 2005