    inserting the cd and floppies in computer and going: Start > Run and typing
    a command and the cd would create the floppies one by one. I have win98se
    cd and need it on floppies to install on laptop with no cd drive.

    Mad Dog Mike , Apr 5, 2006

  2. X-No-Archive: YES
    Mad Dog Mike @ 56Kers . com [] has entered into
    testimony
    Xns979BCD904755CcadmaningpNSmailcity@216.168.3.44
    Wait a minute... if you have no CDROM drive, how do you intend to read
    the CD?

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 5, 2006

  3. The floppy set would be create on my desktop computer. Then use the
    floppy set to install win98se on laptop.

    Mad Dog Mike , Apr 5, 2006
  4. Mad Dog Mike

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Mad Dog Mike @ 56Kers . com spewed forth:
    I don't thin that will work. The files for W98 are larger than any single
    floppy disk.

    What you probably read was about the W2K or WXP boot disk set - floppies can
    be created from the Install CD to boot the computer far enough to get an
    install going from the CD. This is for computer which will not boot from CD
    but do have one.

    My suggestion: get an adapter for the laptop hard drive to plug it in to
    your desktop instead. You have two options: USB enclosure or internal IDE
    cable adapter. Either one is pretty cheap on eBay. Then you attach the
    laptop drive to your desktop, format the laptop drive with a /s command
    (system - makes it bootable), create a folder called W98_setup or something
    like that, and copy the files from the CD to the folder on the laptop.
    Reinstall it in the laptop, boot, then go to the folder you created, and run
    setup.exe.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 5, 2006