    get it off the ground.
    Help, please
    Herb

    corella, Dec 12, 2004

  2. corella

    G. Morgan Guest

    24hoursupport.helpdesk
    bwaaaaahaahahahahaahahhaahahaahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

    G. Morgan, Dec 12, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sun,
    There are over 100,000 newsgroups now with about 70% of them empty.
    WTF does Usenet need with another newsgroup? Go create a group over at
    Yahoo and you can have a private party over there.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Dec 12, 2004

  4. What you need to do is to subscribe to a newsgroup called alt.config.
    The people there are really friendly and would be more than happy to
    help you with your quest for a new newsgroup.

    Shane Matthews, Dec 12, 2004
  5. corella

    G. Morgan Guest

    24hoursupport.helpdesk

    bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!

    G. Morgan, Dec 12, 2004

  6. Oh for the days of Oxford Systems... ;o) <eg>

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Dec 12, 2004
  7. corella

    anthonyberet Guest

    The conventional wisdom on this is that if you don't know how to do it, you
    don't know whether to do it, and it you do know how to do it, you mostly
    don't know whether to do it.

    anthonyberet, Dec 12, 2004
  8. /me clears his throat and resurrects the following Blast from the Past:

    The first thing you need is two whole chickens. Live. Not dead. Preferably
    angry. (Angry chickens help with group propagation to the servers. No one
    knows why.)

    Next you will need a portion of suitable incense to burn during the creation
    ceremony. Sandalwood is nice.

    You will also have to pay special attention to the required ritual dress.
    Bare feet. Grass skirt. Mask hand carved of ebony. Two feathers of the
    phoenix affixed to the brow of the mask such that when worn they appear to
    be angled from the head in a forward leaning direction at approximately 45
    degrees.

    2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
    Salt (to taste).
    Hot oil.
    Ceremonial knife.

    Begin by dressing up in the ceremonial garb. Go outside just after dark to
    your front lawn. If you don't have a lawn then the street in front of your
    place of residence will do. The key is that it *must be* a public place
    adjacent to your home and neighbors.

    Light the incense. Kill both chickens and smear the blood across all of your
    exposed skin.

    Now grab both fowl by the feet, one to each hand, turn in circles forty
    three and one half times exactly whilst chanting the name of your proposed
    group in reverse.

    Lather.

    Rinse.

    Repeat.

    Pluck, gut, clean and cut chicken into serving size pieces, coat with flour,
    season with salt and fry.

    Wait two weeks and check usenet to see if your new group has propagated. If
    not ... then go to http://www.google.com and search for "How do I start a
    newsgroup?"

    [Originally posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk by Oxford Systems. This version
    has been slightly edited.]

    Gary G. Taylor, Dec 12, 2004
  9. corella

    trout Guest

    Search results on Google for "create new newsgroup" now stand at
    1,030, for 'this' newsgroup, alone.

    trout, Dec 12, 2004