    to do because I've seen groups for every possible topic that is known
    (and unknown) to man. Where can I find the instructions of how to do
    this? Thanks.

    Fly Cooter, Aug 21, 2005

  2. http://www.faqs.org/faqs/alt-creation-guide/

    vbMark vbMark, Aug 21, 2005

  3. Fly Cooter

    Fly Cooter Guest

    Fly Cooter, Aug 21, 2005
  4. Fly Cooter

    Jon Bell Guest

    Go over to alt.config and read the FAQs that are referenced in some of
    the regulars' signatures.

    Jon Bell, Aug 21, 2005
  5. Fly Cooter

    why? Guest

    x-post trimmed to 24hshd

    If you need to ask for instructions (something very simple to find) then
    creating a newsgroup is far beyond your ability.

    Me

    why?, Aug 21, 2005
  6. Fly Cooter

    uh Clem... Guest

    What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Sat, 20 Aug 2005
    17:28:25 -0700, canst thou now find out, to hide Fly Cooter
    ====================

    Doc'sEZ Newsgroup Tutorial 3.1

    Download & Install Agent. http://www.forteinc.com

    With Agent program turned off, find agent.ini and open it using a text
    editor.
    Change ShowAllFields=0 to ShowAllFields=1
    Save the changes and close.
    Open the Agent program, click Post New Usenet Message. Click All
    Fields.

    Fill out things thus:

    Subject: cmsg newgroup alt.your-groupname
    Newsgroups: alt.config, alt.your-groupname
    Control: newgroup alt.your-groupname
    Blank line with header above and body below

    For your newsgroup file:
    Alt.your-groupname

    Discussion or Charter (your choice)
    Short paragraph describing the purpose of your newsgroup.
    No more than one screen full if possible.

    Justification:
    Evidence of interest.

    To make moderated ng, append the word moderated to the control &
    Subject lines and add the moderation address(es) before "For your
    newsgroups file:" so it reads:

    Group submission address: (email address for submission)
    Moderator contact address: (email address to contact moderator(s))

    For your newgroups file:

    You may want to append an "m" after your groupname, i.e., alt.groupname-m
    But you need not.

    uh Clem..., Aug 21, 2005