    format it NTFS.
    Thanks
    Adam

    Tech, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Tech

    PuddleNuts Guest

    Re: Creating a batch to determine if HD is NTFS if not format itNTFS

    Tech wrote:

    > G'day,
    >
    > I was looking to create a batch file that I could put on a bootdisk that
    > would tell if the Hard drive was NTFS and if is wasn't would automatically
    > format it NTFS.
    > Thanks
    > Adam

    Just run FDISK, if it's formatted in NTFS you may need to download
    DELPART to remove NTFS partition information. Any worthwhile OS will
    have these tools in the setup.

    --
    Your proctologist called, they found your head.

    PuddleNuts, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Tech

    Palindrome Guest

    Tech wrote:

    > G'day,
    >
    > I was looking to create a batch file that I could put on a bootdisk that
    > would tell if the Hard drive was NTFS and if is wasn't would automatically
    > format it NTFS.
    > Thanks
    > Adam

    If you have a DOS batch file running on a boot disk, it won't be able to
    open an NTFS volume. So the error level on dir c:/*.* should do. If you
    want to be sure, get the error level like that and then run an NTFS DOS
    reading utility and then dir c:/*.* again. If it is NTFS formatted, the
    error level should change because the NTFS volume will then be readable.

    Palindrome, Apr 6, 2004
  4. Tech

    Plato Guest

    Tech wrote:

    > I was looking to create a batch file that I could put on a bootdisk that
    > would tell if the Hard drive was NTFS and if is wasn't would automatically
    > format it NTFS.

    In order to format to ntfs, the partiton has to be setup in ntfs first.
    I do not believe one can do this with a single bootdisk.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 6, 2004