    format it NTFS.
    Thanks
    Adam

    Tech, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Tech

    PuddleNuts Guest

    Just run FDISK, if it's formatted in NTFS you may need to download
    DELPART to remove NTFS partition information. Any worthwhile OS will
    have these tools in the setup.

    PuddleNuts, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Tech

    Palindrome Guest

    If you have a DOS batch file running on a boot disk, it won't be able to
    open an NTFS volume. So the error level on dir c:/*.* should do. If you
    want to be sure, get the error level like that and then run an NTFS DOS
    reading utility and then dir c:/*.* again. If it is NTFS formatted, the
    error level should change because the NTFS volume will then be readable.

    Palindrome, Apr 6, 2004
  4. Tech

    Plato Guest

    In order to format to ntfs, the partiton has to be setup in ntfs first.
    I do not believe one can do this with a single bootdisk.

    Plato, Apr 6, 2004