CRC errors....

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Captain, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. Captain

    Captain Guest

    I just changed my gateway router.

    It is now a cisco3620 with a fastethernet port, and 2 T1s.

    I have a bonded T1 connection to the Internet.

    I keep getting CRC errors on the fastethernet port.

    What could be causing this?

    Router#sh int fas 0/0
    FastEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up
    Hardware is AmdFE, address is 0030.8559.5841 (bia 0030.8559.5841)
    Internet address is x.x.x.x/24
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 4/255, rxload 3/255
    Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
    Keepalive not set
    Full-duplex, 100Mb/s, 100BaseTX/FX
    ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
    Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:11:58
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops:
    0
    Queueing strategy: fifo
    Output queue :0/40 (size/max)
    360026 packets input, 125724137 bytes
    2430 input errors, 2430 CRC, 1285 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored
    0 watchdog
    352040 packets output, 152164834 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
    0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

    Captain, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Captain

    Tosh Guest

    I keep getting CRC errors on the fastethernet port.
    Maybe a duplex mismatch, the fa port of the router is set to 100 full, check
    if the corresponding switch port is the same.
    Bye,
    Tosh.

    Tosh, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Captain

    AnyBody43 Guest

    Nowadays, the first thing is to check whether you have a duplex
    missmatch.

    The router is apparently hard coded to FD. If the other end is
    Auto or HD you *SHOULD* get a missmatch according to the Standard.

    I now use auto<--->auto EVERYWHERE unless it doesn't work.

    I don't trust ANYTHING except the cisco error counters
    to determine whether I have a missmatch or not.

    Do a google search of this group for
    ["late collisions" duplex align CRC] and you might find more.

    AnyBody43, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Captain

    Captain Guest

    Changing to auto worked!

    Looks like my main switch did not connect at full-duplex, when
    I said full, but goes to full-duplex if I put in auto?!?!?

    Thanks everyone!!

    Captain, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Captain

    Hansang Bae Guest

    That's because *both* side has to hard coded. Or *both* side needs to
    be on Auto.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jun 16, 2004
  6. Captain

    Sam Wilson Guest

    Or one side auto and the other half duplex. The rule is that if one
    side tries to negotiate and the other is hard coded the negotiating
    side will drop to half duplex.

    Sam

    Sam Wilson, Jun 17, 2004