    file, I get "CRC error in .rxx, file is corrupt"..is there a way to fix
    these CRC errors?

    Thanks,

    Ross K Thomas, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Ross K Thomas

    philo Guest

    face it, the file is corrupt

    philo, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Ross K Thomas

    °Mike° Guest

    No. Re-download the files, preferably from a different source.

    °Mike°, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Ross K Thomas

    KillingJoke Guest

    | I have a series of rar files (.r00, .r01, etc. - I do know how to work
    with
    | such files). When I try to extract the one big file that's stored in these
    | file, I get "CRC error in .rxx, file is corrupt"..is there a way to fix
    | these CRC errors?
    |
    | Thanks,

    No the corruption is bad enough to report a CRC, basically a checksum
    failure on the file. You'll have to redownload.

    Kj

    KillingJoke, Aug 21, 2003
  5. Ross K Thomas

    jeroen Guest

    the rar format does allow for "Recovery records" unfortunately these are
    by default disabled and hardly anyone enables them.

    Still, the help has this, doesn't hurt to try before you redownload.

    This command is accessible both in file management and in archive
    management modes. It considers selected files or an opened archive as
    corrupt archives and attempts to repair it. To run this command use
    either Commands menu , "Repair" button on the toolbar or Alt+R keyboard
    shortcut.
    WinRAR is able to repair only RAR and ZIP archives. WinRAR tries to
    detect the type of the archive automatically using archive data and
    extension, but user also may set an archive type manually.

    jeroen, Aug 21, 2003
  6. Ross K Thomas

    KillingJoke Guest

    | In article <[email protected]>, kr-
    | says...
    | > I have a series of rar files (.r00, .r01, etc. - I do know how to work
    with
    | > such files). When I try to extract the one big file that's stored in
    these
    | > file, I get "CRC error in .rxx, file is corrupt"..is there a way to fix
    | > these CRC errors?
    | >
    | the rar format does allow for "Recovery records" unfortunately these are
    | by default disabled and hardly anyone enables them.
    |
    | Still, the help has this, doesn't hurt to try before you redownload.
    |
    | This command is accessible both in file management and in archive
    | management modes. It considers selected files or an opened archive as
    | corrupt archives and attempts to repair it. To run this command use
    | either Commands menu , "Repair" button on the toolbar or Alt+R keyboard
    | shortcut.
    | WinRAR is able to repair only RAR and ZIP archives. WinRAR tries to
    | detect the type of the archive automatically using archive data and
    | extension, but user also may set an archive type manually.
    |
    | --
    | Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    | Jeroen Wijnands
    | http://spam.pagina.nl

    I didn't realise that RAR files could ever be repaired after a Cyclic
    Redundancy Check failure. If you can imagine the scenario that causes a
    CRC, then I can't imagine how a repair could be accomplished. My first
    encounter with CRC was with older DEC disks running on PDP 11/34 - then disk
    access was always ran against a CRC, which if failed would keep requesting
    resend until failure of the whole system, incurring a crash of the computer.

    I know things are different now and the implementation of CRC is probably
    quite different, but the basics of it are the same - based around checksums.
    Compare it to a BIOS checksum (would you flash a bios if a checksum
    failed?). However I'm impressed that WinRAR has some capability to perform
    repair.

    Kj

    KillingJoke, Aug 21, 2003
  7. Ross K Thomas

    °Mike° Guest

    The recovery information in RAR files is for *internal* archive errors,
    not file CRC errors. The repair will not work as intended, if at all.

    °Mike°, Aug 21, 2003
  8. Ross K Thomas

    jeroen Guest

    I've had a 5% succes rate.

    jeroen, Aug 21, 2003
  9. Ross K Thomas

    jeroen Guest

    PDP, now that one's definitely before my time!

    Some, not much, I've had approx. 5% succes.

    If you realy want to be amazed, read up on par2 files.
    http://www.pbclements.co.uk/QuickPar/AboutPAR2.htm

    jeroen, Aug 21, 2003
  10. Ross K Thomas

    °Mike° Guest

    Like I said, it won't work.

    °Mike°, Aug 21, 2003
  11. Ross K Thomas

    CSB Guest

    If you are unraring a 3.x rar archive with version 2.x of the program
    this error can occur.

    CSB, Aug 22, 2003
  12. Ross K Thomas

    BiggestFish

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    CRC error Solution

    Hello Everyone. I had the same problem with CRC errors in Rar files. I went to google and found a solution after several frustrating hours. I tried repairing with Winrar and other commercial software. Nada. My solution was to ignore the errors. What you do is go to Winrar in the Start Menu. In winrar you click File > open and then select the files you want to unrar. Then you click the "extract to"
    icon and check the box that says "Keep Broken Files" under miscellaneous. Any CRC error windows that show up during the extraction you ignore/close. The resulting file worked just fine.

    BiggestFish, Oct 2, 2007
  13. Ross K Thomas

    ArabAdmiral

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    CRC Failed

    The solution to fix the rar file in case you get the CRC fail message or error is to download and install program called Advanced RAR Repair

    Advanced RAR Repair is a powerful application for repairing corrupt or damaged RAR and SFX archives. It uses advanced technologies to scan the bad archives and recover your files in them as much as possible, so to minimize the loss in file corruption.

    Key Features:

    · Support to repair all versions of RAR and SFX archives.
    · Support to recover multi-volume and solid archives.
    · Support to repair RAR and SFX archives on corrupted medias, such as floppy disks, Zip disks, CDROMs, etc.
    · Support to repair a batch of RAR and SFX archives.
    · Support to repair RAR archives as large as 16777216 TB (i.e. 17179869184 GB).
    · Support integration with Windows Explorer, so you can repair a RAR archive with the context menu of Windows Explorer easily.
    · Support drag & drop operation.
    · Support command line parameters.

    Download Link:

    http://rapidshare.com/files/53761402/arrfull1.2.rar

    ArabAdmiral, Oct 29, 2007
  14. Ross K Thomas

    Yinka.Ayinla

    Joined:
    May 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    crc from rar files

    "" I have a series of rar files (.r00, .r01, etc. - I do know how to work""

    this might not be a rar issue the files might be split u need a software "HJSPLIT" to recover

    Yinka.Ayinla, May 13, 2009