    while using flash player (in Windows XP). I suspect it has to do
    with the "plugin container" thing. FlashPlayer does not cause a
    crash in Internet Explorer.

    John Doe, Sep 5, 2011

  2. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    The solution was to use Adobe's uninstall utility before updating
    flash player.

    uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe

    John Doe, Oct 16, 2011

  3. John Doe

    Ralph Fox Guest

    FYI, IE has a different Flash plugin to Firefox and other browsers.
    What happens in IE means nothing for FF, because the Flash plugins
    are different.

    Ralph Fox, Oct 17, 2011
  4. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    I was wrong there. Whether it crashed before my posting, Flash
    player streaming eventually did crash when doing WatchESPN in
    Internet Explorer. The solution to the problem was to use Adobe's
    uninstall utility before updating flash player. Apparently prior
    versions of flash player were getting in the way of the update.
    After doing the uninstall and then the update, WatchESPN actually
    looked different when it was started. That was a good sign that
    things were very different. After that, clicking around on the
    WatchESPN flash player streaming media slider has caused only one
    crash, but this time flash player crashed without bringing down my
    whole system.

    John Doe, Oct 17, 2011
  5. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Flash player is still fishy. It appears to interfere with
    operating systems stuff. My guess for a motive would be because
    Adobe wants to enforce some intellectual property rights, without
    respect for the user.

    John Doe, Mar 15, 2012