    crap, IT'S worse than CRAP! What can we, who are connected to NTL do about
    this, and who do we complain to about their pathetic NEWS connections. There
    must be something that can be done about this?

    AK, Nov 10, 2003

  2. AK

    Brian H¹© Guest

    AK said:
    Stop using the binary servers, and connect via tex.news.ntlworld.com

    Brian H¹©, Nov 10, 2003

  3. AK

    Brian H¹© Guest

    text.news.ntlworld.com

    Brian H¹©, Nov 10, 2003
  4. AK

    °Mike° Guest

    Try using the NTL text server: text.news.ntlworld.com

    °Mike°, Nov 10, 2003
  5. AK

    AK Guest

    My thanks to Mike/Brian, but how do I do what you say, 'change over'? It's
    now 12:30am and I have been trying to logon here since about 10pm. As you
    already know Mike, I'm a complete plonker when it comes to PCs I'm afraid I
    just can't grasp how to do what you guys all take for granted. Might be old
    age now 60+. Sorry to be such a pain, but it's very frustrating not being
    able to fix things when they go wrong.
    ========

    AK, Nov 11, 2003
  6. AK

    Paul - xxx Guest

    To expand a tad on the suggestion to use text.news.ntlworld.com ..

    In XP, Outlook Express 6 .....

    Start by highlighting text.news.ntlworld.com, right clicking and selecting
    COPY, this pastes the newsgroup server address into the clipboard for use in
    a moment or two.

    Left Click Tools on the menu bar at the top, then navigate via Accounts -
    Add button - News .. to the point where the Internet Connection Wizard
    starts and asks for your Username. Enter your Username and select NEXT,
    then enter your email address and select NEXT, then at the next screen right
    click in the "News (NNTP) Server" box, right click and select paste, which
    should paste the news server address into the box. Finish - Close the
    Internet Accounts box, then allow it to download the newsgroups lists .. et
    voila..

    Hope it helps .. ;)

    AK tried to scribble ...

    Paul - xxx, Nov 11, 2003
  7. AK

    alexkaye Guest

    Thanks Paul, I'll give it a try later on, as it is no 12:45pm and I've just
    managed to log on here.
    =========

    alexkaye, Nov 11, 2003
  8. AK

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Just print the post out, and follow what it says, should take about three
    minutes or less .. ;)

    You may need to right click, select properties, server, check the box and
    enter your account username and password .. It's been a while since I was on
    NTL and can't remember, frankly .. ;)

    Have fun.

    alexkaye tried to scribble ...

    Paul - xxx, Nov 11, 2003
  9. AK

    AK Guest

    Thanks for the detailed instructions Paul. I think that's it now, downloads
    24hours very fast. I hope it lasts, as the, correct-connect part of NTL has
    got a bar across it's icon in menu bar at the bottom of the screen, even
    after I took a snapshot twice to try and update it. It still reads News as
    having an error. It's annoying not knowing what it means, but I don't want
    to press my luck.
    =========

    AK, Nov 11, 2003
  10. AK